Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy 50th anniversary, To Kill a Mockingbird!

Last week, To Kill a Mockingbird officially turned 50. I celebrated by wearing the T-shirt below for the first time that I purchased this spring in Monroeville. And I've bought a book (something I almost never do) to commemorate the occasion: Scout, Atticus, and Boo: A Celebration of Fifty Years of To Kill a Mockingbird by Mary McDonagh Murphy, a book that calls TKM "our national novel."


I'm looking forward to reading it and when I do, I'll be sure to post my thoughts about it. That will have to wait for a bit because I've just started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, which both of my new book clubs have chosen to discuss in August (convenient, huh?). Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Love TKM! Just reread it a couple months ago to remind myself how great it is!

    ReplyDelete