Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reading About Reading and Writing

I love Pat Conroy. I intend to read all of his books, including the new one coming out that I just can't wait to get my hands on. It's called My Reading Life, and even though I almost never buy books, I think I will just have to buy this one.

I love to read what authors have to say about what they read and how they write. Here are a few others in this genre that I recommend:

Remarkable Reads: 34 Writers and Their Adventures in Reading, edited by J. Peder Zane
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
The Opposite of Fate: Memories of a Writing Life by Amy Tan
One Writer's Beginnings by Eudora Welty
Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books by Azar Nafisi

October's issue of Atlanta Magazine (fantastic magazine, by the way. I've just become a subscriber) has an interview with Conroy. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment