Monday, January 31, 2011

Buckhead Book Club

I have mentioned from time to time the book clubs I'm in. I love reading a book at the same time as someone else, and being able to dig in and discuss it when we've finished. There is a great deal of community to be found amongst readers, and since reading is a pretty solitary activity, I think that's great. Recently, I had the good fortune of gaining a freelancing gig with the new Simply Buckhead magazine. It comes out six times per year, and in each issue I'll be writing a story that is both Buckhead- and book-focused. The January/February issue was published last week and my first story ran about a book club in Buckhead that was formed about 45 years ago. It was fun to talk to the club's coordinator who has been around since the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment