Monday, July 11, 2011

Write Here Write Now

For my jobs, I've interviewed countless people over the years about one thing or another. Talking to people about what they do and love has always been a lot of fun for me. One of the things I like best is when I learn something unexpected about someone, usually during small talk at the beginning or end of an interview. Aside from job interviews and the occasional meeting with a client where they're deciding who to hire for a certain project, I've never really been on the side of the table where I ask few or no questions, but give all the answers.

I was thrilled and honored to be invited to be on Write Here Write Now, an Internet radio show hosted by Tim Morrison, my boss at Write Choice Services. Each Tuesday morning he speaks to people who have written a book (or more than one), are currently writing a book or are planning to write one someday. I appeared on the show last Tuesday, July 5, with Russ Chapman, a fiction writer (he is absolutely hilarious and writes wonderful, humorous stuff. He's definitely worth a read). Together we talked about the creative process and the differences between writing fiction and creative nonfiction, the genre of my thesis. It's been several years since I worked on and finished that project, and it was fun to remember what that process was all about.

Though there's always the option to listen live to Write Here Write Now on Tuesdays at 10 am, the show ends up on the website after about a day and a half. In case you're interested, here's the interview I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment