Monday, June 25, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading?




Though I haven't done this in awhile (I've fallen down on the blogging all the way around, my apologies!), I'm participating in this event hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Here's what I'll be doing this week:

Finishing The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
Starting Lincoln, Inc. by Jackie Hogan for future book review
Starting Erik Larson's In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin (I've really been looking forward to this one!)
Continuing to listen to True Compass: A Memoir by Edward M. Kennedy in the car
Maybe a magazine or two
Awaiting the arrival of a book I've ordered called Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving: 400 Delicious and Creative Recipes for Today by Judi Kingry and Lauren Devine, because here's what's going on in my yard right now, and it's just the beginning:


Happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. I am getting ready to read that Eric Larson book too! I have had it on my to-read shelf for a while. I have to finish the creepy serial killer in Paris book before I can start another creepy book though. (That's my what I'm reading answer!)

    Who narrates the Ted Kennedy book? I read it and I liked it a lot even though he didn't care for our friend Jimmy too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The narrator of True Compass is actor John Bedford Lloyd. Though I always like when the author narrates his or her own autobiography, Lloyd was a good choice. He's got a great voice for it, sometimes causing me to forget that it's not Kennedy himself reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that it sounds like Kennedy. I still need to get into audiobooks. I like hearing about the ones you pick.

    I just read Jimmy Carter's Turning Point so I have that to bring back to you. I liked it a lot! I can't believe people did that kind of election cheating not too very long ago.

    ReplyDelete