Sunday, January 13, 2013

New year, less clutter

Last week I read Throw Out Fifty Things: Clear the Clutter Find Your Life by Gail Blanke. How much did I need this! It's the new year and I'm feeling the need to keep my house, and particularly my office, more organized this year. In the book, Blanke gives you the step-by-step, room-by-room instructions to clean out your house, followed by removing other unnecessary clutter in the form of old expectations, failures, relationships and other mental clutter. I'm planning to at least tackle getting the house together. (I figure the business goals I've set for the year probably suffice for the other.) So far I've cleaned out costume jewelry I haven't worn in too long and the master closet. I've got a bunch of stuff for Goodwill now. And, I can actually close my jewelry box! Up next: the bathroom cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment