Thursday, August 1, 2013

Royal Reading List

I spent last week stalking Twitter, CBS and CNN for any news of the royal baby. None of you will be surprised to read that I have an obsession with the British royal family. This is nothing new. I watched the wedding of Prince Andrew to Fergie with my grandmother on her 13-inch black-and-white TV while eating ice cream. I had Princess Diana paper dolls. This is deep-rooted stuff. In the spirit of all things royal, here are a few of my recommended books for more on British royalty.

Becoming Queen Victoria: The Tragic Death of Princess Charlotte and the Unexpected Rise of Britain's Greatest Monarch by Kate Williams

The King's Speech: How One Man Saved the British Monarchy by Mark Logue and Peter Conradi

Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII by David Starkey

Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch by Sally Bedell Smith

Dearest Vicky, Darling Fritz: The Tragic Love Story of Queen Victoria's Oldest Daughter and the German Emperor by John Van der Kiste

Mrs. Queen Takes the Train by William Kuhn

The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett

1 comment: