Friday, August 20, 2010

KIPP Scribes and the Decatur Book Festival

I've mentioned before about the great experience I've been having with The Wren's Nest and KIPP Strive Academy on the collaboration newly named KIPP Scribes. Well, the book cover has been unveiled and the students get to hog the spotlight at The Decatur Book Festival Labor Day weekend. I can't wait to get my hands on the final version and see my student's story in print. He's been such a great, talented guy to work with. It's really amazing how focused he is on including good detail and dialogue. That's something all writers struggle with, so I'm so impressed and proud of my student who is only 11.

If you're headed to the Decatur Book Festival, stop by and visit The Wren's Nest booth, as well as the Write Choice Services one. There will be a brand-new book for sale there written by my colleague, Tim Morrison, called Writing Secrets: Essential Steps to Discover How to Start.

No comments:

Post a Comment