Sunday, December 5, 2010

Oscar Wilde

I've mentioned before that I love audiobooks, and frequently listen to Librivox audiobooks on my iPod while training to walk half marathons. I just completed my latest one for my birthday about a month ago, and two of the things I listened to during the process were Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest and An Ideal Husband. In both cases, these plays were read by a variety of voices, which  made them much more entertaining and easier to listen to rather than read. I followed this up last week by watching movie versions of both of these productions, which further helped these plays come to life for me. The casts on both versions I watched were great. The Importance of Being Earnest featured Colin Firth (one of my favorites - Mr. Darcy, anyone?), Rupert Everett, Reese Witherspoon and Judi Dench. An Ideal Husband starred Rupert Everett again, Julianne Moore, Cate Blanchett and Minnie Driver. They were both fun to listen to and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment