Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Phantom Tollbooth

I mentioned in my post on the Decatur Book Festival that I'd be participating in Decatur's On the Same Page program by reading The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster this fall. I have recently finished it and quite enjoyed it. I was amazed at how much of it I remembered from having my third grade teacher read it aloud. It's a wonderful, imaginative, funny book and if you haven't read it, consider doing so.

The On the Same Page program is in full swing. In fact, tonight is the showing of the 1970 movie version of The Phantom Tollbooth at Decatur High School at 7 pm. Little Shop of Stories' adult book club will gather for discussion of the book on Monday, November 7 at 7 pm. Little Shop of Stories will hold a discussion, debate and spelling bee on Thursday, November 17 at 7 pm. To culminate the whole event, author Norton Juster himself will visit in a reading and signing event held at Agnes Scott College's Presser Hall. This will be Friday, December 9 at 7 pm. I'm really hoping to go to that.

I won't make it to the movie tonight but I went looking for it on Netflix. They don't carry it but the Fulton County Library System does, so I've requested it and I'm waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment