Sunday, February 14, 2010

Margaret Mitchell Exhibit

I've covered all sorts of Margaret Mitchell and Gone With the Wind stuff here on my blog (if you need to review, click here, here, here, here and here). On Friday, I finally got around to seeing the exhibit that's on permanent display at the Central Library branch of Atlanta-Fulton Public Library. Though the current building was constructed in 1980, the previous Central branch was where Mitchell conducted much of her research on Atlanta and the Civil War during the writing of her famous novel. Today, the square on which the library sits is named for her, and an exhibit on the fifth floor honors her. To see more information on the exhibit, click here.

I was unsure if photography was permitted, so I turned the flash off on my camera and snapped a quick picture of the item I thought was most interesting: her typewriter. A gift from Mitchell's husband, it is what she used to write Gone With the Wind.



No comments:

Post a Comment