Thursday, March 15, 2012

Arsonist's Read-Along, Day 2

This week I'm participating in a read-along of An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England by Brock Clarke with the bloggers at Literate Housewife and Indie Reader Houston. I'll be updating my blog as I'm reading, and checking in on what other book bloggers are saying. The event runs through Monday, March 19. 

Here are my observations from today's reading (through page 223):

- All of the things that amused me yesterday and still making me laugh today. Descriptions. Strange family relationships. All the thoughts that go through the narrator's head.
- I got kind of weirded out with all the visitors Sam received at his parents' house in one day. If you're reading along, you probably know what I mean.
- I like how Sam is building his own guide as the story unfolds. As he mentions things that would be good to include in his guide, I like how some of them are specific to actually burning down writers' homes and some are just specific observations on life and how it all works.

No comments:

Post a Comment