Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Becoming Jane Eyre

I've recently finished reading another fictional book about the life of an author: Becoming Jane Eyre by Sheila Kohler. It was an interesting book because it made me think about how an author may take his or her own personal experiences and shape them into a plot and characters in a novel. Though to the author there is correlation, it may be hard for others to see this connection. Another reason I enjoyed this book as much as I did is that I've recently reread Jane Eyre and saw the latest movie version twice in the theater. Plus, I'm not nearly as up on the Brontes' biographies as I am other authors, so it was nice to do a close read of the father of the Bronte sisters, as well as their ne'er-do-well brother. Here's what the New York Times had to say (I liked the book and this review of it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment