Friday, January 11, 2013

Modern Sherlock Holmes Books: Love!

I've recently read two modern-day Sherlock Holmes novels, both of which I enjoyed, but especially The Sherlockian by Graham Moore. I saved The Sherlockian for my London trip back in the fall and it kept me occupied during most of my down time that week. It was quite a page-turner, and I got a surprise at the end that I never saw coming. I love when that happens. I was enjoying it so much that I picked up The House of Silk in a Waterstone's in London and recently finished that. While I wasn't as enthralled with it as I was The Sherlockian, I really enjoyed both of these modern stories with familiar characters.

Two years ago in London I visited the Sherlock Holmes Museum at 221B Baker Street. It was cheesy enough that I enjoyed it but didn't feel the need to go back and see it again this past trip. I did get to meet Dr. Watson on my visit. Though he was certainly no Jude Law, he was a fun character who wanted to be in pictures with all the tourists.

(Photo by Melyssa)

2 comments:

  1. Where's my photo credit? Just kidding! I have The Sherlockian and may start reading it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my credit! I'm reading The Sherlockian now -- it really is good! Not that I doubted.

    ReplyDelete