Saturday, February 27, 2010

MLK Birthplace

Today my husband and I visited the birthplace of Martin Luther King, Jr., in the Sweet Auburn neighborhood in Atlanta. King was born there in 1929. It was the home that his parents and grandparents shared. Our tour guide was excellent and really painted the picture of what the neighborhood was like in the years prior to King's birth, and how the neighborhood was during his lifetime. Fascinating stuff really.

The tour inspired me to request a book from the library that I've been wanting to read for a while called Where Peachtree Meets Sweet Auburn: A Saga of Race and Family by Gary Pomerantz. I'm looking forward to learning more. In the meantime, here is a photo of the house:

And here is another photo I took in downtown Atlanta. Can anyone spot the typo?

1 comment:

  1. Only a fantastic editor like yourself would catch the typo in memorabilia. My guess is changing the typo may have been to costly.

    ReplyDelete